- Do you have a favorite place to write?
After many years of scrambling to create a space to write, I’ve finally been blessed with a room of my own—a study I’ve filled with magical pictures, books and amulets given by friends, and best of all, a window through which I see trees and sky.
- What do you love most about writing?
I’m fearless on the page, and I love the fact that anything can happen.
- What is the hardest and easiest part of the writing process for you?
Hardest: Getting started. Finding my way into a new world. I go through many false starts before I hit on the key that opens the door to my new story.
Easiest: Revision, because I’ve already got something to work with and am not facing the blank page.
- What five words best sum up your personality?
Curious, passionate, sensitive, loyal, sensual
- Other than writing, what else do you love to do?
I love to travel and read, and could happily spend my life between the two: discovering new places and people in the world and on the page.
- Describe your perfect day.
Get up early, sit near a window with coffee my husband made me, and my notebook and pen.
Hours pass while ideas and images tumble forth in wild brilliance.
In a daze, set down pen and go for a walk or do yoga.
Eat. Then type what I wrote earlier in the day.
Spend the rest of the day editing and researching and writing.
Dinner with loved ones and relax.
- Do you have a writing schedule?
I write every morning except when I’m traveling. Then I usually jot down notes and impressions.
- What are your past, current, and/or next projects?
I just finished MIDNIGHT SIREN, the first novel in a magical YA trilogy. I’m now editing the novel, and beginning work on a new one. After that I hope to write the second book of the trilogy.
- Where can we reach you? (Twitter, Facebook, website, blog, etc.)
Facebook and my website: www.ruthknafosetton.com/.
Find Ruth’s book THE ROAD TO FEZ on Amazon.com.